Thursday, April 24, 2008

The South's gonna do it again

My colleague Brad Hundt, who went to graduate school in the Atlanta area and is a Braves fan, sent me this tidbit about what happened when a Pirates fan attended a game at Turner Field:

Opposing fan assaulted at Braves game, Police seek rowdy fans who broke jaw of Pirates fan

Brad says, "Maybe I should be careful when I wear my Braves cap to PNC Park in a couple of weeks."

I think you'll be OK, Brad. You won't be around a bunch of Jo-ja rednecks who still are fighting the War of Northern Aggression ...


Bruce Brown's trivia

The answer to yesterday's question is none other than Reginald Martinez Jackson, who also put his name on a heck of a good candy bar in the '70s.

Today's questions: Who replaced Brooks Robinson at third base for the Orioles and was later traded to the Angels to make way for Cal Ripken Jr.?

Hint: He is a member of the Pierce College (Los Angeles) Hall of Fame.

No comments: